Statement of Faith
Statement of Faith
Embrace Grace, Inc. Statement of Faith
1. There is only one God and that He is eternally existent in three persons—Father, Son and Holy Spirit. God the Father is the creator and sustainer of all things, and He created man in His own image for fellowship and called man back to Himself through Christ after the rebellion and fall of man. The Son, Jesus Christ, is eternally God. Through Him all things were made. For man’s redemption, He left heaven and was conceived by the Holy Spirit through the virgin Mary. The Holy Spirit is God, the Lord and giver of life, who empowers the saints for service and witness, cleanses man from the old nature and conforms us to the image of Christ.
2. The Bible, containing the Old and New Testaments, is alone the only infallible, inspired Word of God, and that its authority is ultimate, final and eternal. It cannot be added to, subtracted from or superseded in any regard. The Bible is the source of all doctrine, instruction, correction and reproof.
3. Christ’s vicarious death on the cross paid the penalty for the sins of the whole world, but its benefits are only applicable to those who receive Jesus as personal Savior. Healing— body, soul and spirit—and all of God’s provisions for His saints, are provided for in the atonement, but these must be appropriated.
4. The Word of God declares clearly that salvation is a free gift of God, based on the merits of the death of His Son, and is appropriated by faith. Salvation is effected by personal repentance, belief in the Lord Jesus (justification) and personal acceptance of Him into one’s life as Lord and Savior (regeneration). The new life in Christ includes the privileges of adoption and inheritance in the kingdom of God’s beloved Son. Salvation should produce an active lifestyle of loving obedience and service to Jesus Christ our Savior.
5. The Christian life is filled with trials, tests, and warfare against a spiritual enemy. For those abiding in Christ until their deaths or His return, the promises of eternal blessing in the presence of God are assured. To remain faithful through all circumstances of life requires dependence upon the Holy Spirit and a willingness to die to personal desires and passions.